Today im going to talk about Audrey Hepburn. she is a legend, an ideal of a woman and inspiration for many. Beautiful, famous and talented actress, caring , loving mother, fashion icon, and philanthropist.Audrey Hepburn was born on May 4, 1929, in Brussels, Belgium. At age 22, she starred in the Broadway production of Gigi. Two years later, she starred in the film Roman Holiday (1953) with Gregory Peck. In 1961, she set new fashion standards as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Hepburn is one of the few actresses to win an Emmy, Tony, Grammy, and Academy Award. In her later years, acting took a back seat to her work on behalf of children.
I separeted 8 facts about her:
1. Audrey was part of the resistance of World War II
- Audrey worked for the Dutch resistance and carrying secret messages within their ballet slippers . She also made a series of secret presentations ( where no one could applaud to not draw the attention of German soldiers ) to raise money for the rebels and their war against Hitler.
2-Audrey wanted to be a dancer
- She started doing ballet 5 years old and continued training for many years in the Netherlands and England. However, because of its height ( 1,70cm ) and physical deprivation suffered during the Second World War , she could not continue , and found the theater a use for their skills.
3-She never thought she was beautiful
- Audrey thought she had nose and big feet, and was very thin and had small breasts . She did not fit the beauty standard (which had as ideal the curvaceous bodies of Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor) , and looked in the mirror and say, ” I do not understand why people find me beautiful .”
4-Princess Aurora was inspired by Audrey
- The original design of the Aurora Disney character was made by Tom Oreb , that shaped the princess features elegant Audrey.
5-Audrey and givenchy were best friends
- Audrey and Givenchy met when she was looking for pieces of pro Sabrina movie costume . Givenchy was a little disappointed at first because he thought it was Katharine Hepburn who was visiting his studio . But after the misunderstanding they not only became great working partners but also friends for life.
6-Audrey had a fragrance made just for her
- Hubert de Givenchy created a unique perfume, unique to Audrey , who was called L’ Interdit , which means ” forbidden ” with a delicate floral aroma and notes of rose , jasmine and violet. Audrey had this perfume for years until Givenchy decided to make it available to everyone in 1957.
￼ 7- She never considered her self a style icon
- Once she said “I never think of myself as an icon ” and also said she thought her style was very affordable ” Every woman can look like me . Just hold the hair in a bun , wear large sunglasses and a black dress . ” Nevertheless, Audrey launched several style trends , which are still there today.
8-Audrey Hepburn was UNICEF ambassador
- Being a victim of the Nazi occupation influenced Audrey to become UNICEF ambassador in 1988. She traveled to poor countries in Africa , Asia and Central and South America to help raise awareness about children in need, and made it to the last months of his life. ￼