Navel piercings (belly-button piercings), are a common body piercing among women and some men. They heal relatively quickly with few complications, like ear piercings. But at times they heal more like a surface piercing, with rejection and migration risks.For the most part, if you follow proper aftercare and healing procedures, you can successfully heal the piercing, unless your body just refuses, which is always a possibility.
Before drilling the navel, Look answer the following questions:
- I’m too old to do this?
- If not, are my parents going to support me?
- Who will see my piercing ?
- Will this interfere in anything in my life?
- Try to answer these questions honestly to determine with 100% certainty.
When you’re choosing a studio and a punch. Use the following criteria to evaluate the various possibilities :
- The professional has experience?
- Do you know people who have drilled successfully in this studio?
- The studio is clean, airy, bright , well referenced ?
- There certificate of approval of health surveillance stuck on the wall?
- Is material disposable ?
- The jewel is properly sterilized ?
- Is the chiar clean ?
- Professional uses disposable glove and take others which are more hygienic?
You should take care of your piercing to prevent inflammation, reactions and other complications. Here some of the main precautions that you should take with your new piercing. Follow them :
- Do not touch , avoid touching it with your fingers on the drilling. If necessary, wash your hands with an antibacterial soap ;
- Do not remove : avoid removing the jewelry until healing is complete . Only remove in extreme cases of complications , reactions , inflammation, etc .;
- Bath : When bathing , avoid oils or body soaps to be in contact with the piercing. When washing your hair , make sure that no drop of the soap shampoo or conditioner Comes into contact with your piercing ;
- Clothing: Avoid too tight clothes , give priority to lightweight fabrics , such as cotton ; Also avoid belts or any other accessory to press the drilling site;
- Cleaning : make daily cleaning using a swab with a saline solution or other substance recommended by your superior.
- avoid drinking at the time of healing. There are also some foods that can delay healing .